Thursday, June 1, 2023

God Is A Refuge For You

In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us.

Psalm 62:7-8
 
Stop trying to turn to others when you feel down and discouraged; stop looking to those closest to you for support and encouragement that only God can give… Today’s message reminds you to live the faith you proclaim verbally on Sundays and stop faltering when you face a difficult time along this journey… David pens this Psalm out of the depths of his heart, having come to the realization that there is nothing of or on this earth that can soothe the pain or fill the void felt in times of trouble… Even though doors may appear to be open before you and the grass may appear to be better on the other side; David declares, “In God is my salvation and my glory…” This message today is one that we should and need to apply to our lives, we have to have the faith to declare that God is my salvation, He is my deliverance, He is my rescue, and My escape… The Lord is my glory; He is my beauty, my grandeur, and my splendor… Everything that I need will indeed come from Him and even though I may not be where I want to be, I can thank and praise God that I am exactly where He desires me to be… 

The enemy will place doors before you in the hopes that you will not stand still and know that God is God… I am a firm believer that not every door placed before you is of God and therefore not everything that looks like a new way is meant for you to travel… When we look to others, oftentimes we hear things that will lead us to consider other ways and paths. We become focused on finding a solution instead of declaring that God is our solution… The words of man will never produce the ways of God because they are coming from the thoughts of man and not the fruits of God… The thoughts of man and the perception of man is what led David to the series of sins which he committed against God… It was the perception of things around him that led him to flee and land right into the land of the enemy… In knowing all that David did and encountered, I am compelled to tell you today that you can stop searching high and low, you can stop going from place to place and you can stop trying to find your answers on and in this earth… Again, the psalmist tells us today that “In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.” All the answers you seek can be found above. 

ALL FOR HIS GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment