Monday, March 21, 2022

The Lord Is Worthy

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Revelation 4:11 

Can you still praise God when things don’t appear to be going your way? Do you still adore His name when the storms of life rage over your head…? These questions define the true worshipper and believer of Christ… Though he experienced many low points in his life, this scripture comes at a time in John’s life when he has been exiled to the island of Patmus… John has no friends to lean on and is literally all alone, even then he writes this revelation praising God for all His goodness despite the situations that he has and currently faces… John recognizes today that God has created all things; John recognizes that all things were created not only by God but for His pleasure… This is good news to us today, this teaches me to know and understand that even when I am on the island of misfortune, even when I am isolated and feel alone, every situation will bring God pleasure… Jesus said if I be lifted up, I’ll draw all men unto me… When we lift Jesus up through the trials and tribulations that we face we are sure to be lifted up out of the miry clay and sinking sand that we find ourselves in… John is at peace because he knows that God is still with Him, we can have an attitude of praise despite the circumstance because we know that God has all power in the palm of His hand and will never leave us nor forsake us… All I can say is, “To God be the glory”, as I read this piece of scripture I am encouraged by the revelation of John… 

ALL FOR HIS GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment