Thursday, March 24, 2022

He Never Said It Would Be Easy

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

1 Timothy 4:10

There are two kinds of men on this earth; those who work for the reward of today and those who work for the reward of tomorrow… Your drive as far as your work ethic displays the kind of man that you are… When things don’t go as you planned or you don’t’ see the immediate fruits of your labor, how do you handle those situations… Paul reminds us today that we must remember that the prize we labor for will not be manifested upon this earth… Timothy faced a lot of peer pressure when he took up the calling of ministry that was placed upon his life; however, it was through this passage that Paul reminds Him that we suffer not for material things, but “because we trust in the living God…” Not every person you meet will have a zeal for Christ… Not everyone you meet will want to share in your witness or see the name of Christ exalted; it is in these times that we must remember the services that we take part in… We are not about pleasing men nor are we doing this for form or fashion… I serve Christ because I believe that He died for my sins, I serve Him because I believe that I can do nothing without Him, but that with Him all things are possible… I will “suffer reproach” because I believe I have found an answer to the void that is in my life that cannot be filled by men… Don’t give in to the temptation of earthly success; don’t give in to the appearance of happiness that comes with material things… Know that you are working toward a far more precious prize and the more you go through the better it will be… 

ALL FOR HIS GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment