Friday, September 25, 2020

Keep Trusting In The Lord

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

A lot of us confess to having a relationship with the Lord; however, one must do a personal inventory to figure out how deep that relationship is… It is so easy to claim to love the Lord, but when things go south we often ask the question why me… As we ask this question, God answers us with a question of His own, do you trust me…? Is you trust in the Lord or in the things that you accredit Him for putting in your life…? Do you truly trust the Lord not only when things are calm in your life, but also when the storms are raging and you feel all alone…? When the storms of life are raging and adversity is present, then we display the true trust that we have either in things or in God… I can recall growing up and how it was instilled in me at a young age that the most important component to a relationship is trust… After thinking about this statement, I soon realized how many things branch off from that very word… If I cannot trust someone, I cannot have confidence in them, I cannot believe in them and I cannot love them… Solomon writes today a couple of verses that we often here people quote; however, notice that the first thing Solomon writes is that we must “trust the Lord…” The desires that I have is to allow the Lord to direct my path, I want Him to lead me because I know that He won’t lead me down the wrong road; however, if I don’t “trust” Him than I will not follow His lead… Likewise, we must have complete confidence in the Lord in order to develop a secure foundation with/in Him… Think of it this way, if you didn’t trust your spouse or your boyfriend/girlfriend… How can you grow with them? Trust in the Lord, it’s the key to unlocking your God given ability and destination…

ALL FOR HIS GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment