Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Spirit Of The Lord Is Upon Me

The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.

Isaiah 61:1

Isaiah was called by God to go and prophesy to the children of the Lord, He was called to go to a rebellious people and declare the things that God revealed to him… What I find so fascinating about this scripture is the boldness that Isaiah has to go forward and speak the word of the Lord… Understand today that we are all called to set the captives free; however it is through the spirit of God that we obtain the might, authority and direction in order to fulfill this task and the destiny that God has called us to… Isaiah 6: 5-8 teaches us about where we were and how the spirit’s presences changes and transforms situations… 5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty." 6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? "And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah wasn’t always about the work of the Lord, when He saw the glory of the Lord he cried out woe is me, I am undone, I am not worthy to behold this wonder; however when He was touched by the live coal the Lord asked who shall I send and Isaiah replied “Here I am. Send me… We too are not worthy of the glory of the Lord, we are not worthy of the offering that Christ poured out on the cross; however we have received a golden opportunity to walk in the will of the Lord and are promised Eternal Life when we obey His calling…

Isaiah’s confidence is found in knowing that God has cleansed him and prepared for this task… Remember where you were before God gave you that second chance; when you realize that you were filthy and deep in sin you better appreciate the avenue that God has paved for you and therefore can be bold in the midst of a troubled world and society… Understand that Isaiah wasn’t ready for his calling until he was touched by the live coal; remember that Peter stood up in the book of Acts on the day of Pentecost after the tongues of fire came down from heaven… When “The Spirit of the Lord is upon you” things don’t remain the same, your direction of walk changes, your approach to life is altered and you have the might to overcome and deliver those around you… When you are in the spirit you don’t just sit by the wayside, the spirit will lead you to action, it will lead you to taking up your cross and will cause you to utter the words that Jeremiah uttered in the 20 chapter of his prophetic book, verse 9 tells us that he couldn’t keep the word to himself, it was just like fire shut up in his bones… The spirit won’t allow you to remain still; it won’t allow you to keep the status quo… Many people proclaim just as Isaiah, “that the spirit of the Lord is upon them”; many say that they are anointed and I will not dispute any of that, but notice what follows Isaiah’s proclamation. When you are anointed by God, first you know what it is that He has called you to do (preach good tidings) and furthermore; you are taking action in and towards your calling. You can be anointed and that may be true, but your anointing is of no use if you are not putting it to use and that means walking in the will of God! The bible teaches that we all have spiritual gifts; however, know that this doesn’t mean that we are all called to preach the word of God… The body is composed of many members, each one being critical to the entire makeup of the body… You are a critical piece to the body of Christ, no matter what the position is that you are called to, no matter what the direction that God has called you to go, know that when you walk in the will of God you along with everyone else in the body benefit… Do what God has called you to do; whatever ministry He has placed in you will bare fruit of His anointing upon your life… When you walk in His will you will set captives free, you will bind up the brokenhearted and you will open prison doors… There is somebody that you will encounter today that is waiting for you to display your boldness in the Spirit of God… Allow God to use you in the way he deems fit; lives will be changed and situations altered…

BE BLESSED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment