Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Great And Marvellous Are His Works...


Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Revelation 15:3-4

You may not understand exactly why certain things happen in your life; however, as a child of God you should be able to declare great and marvellous are thy works simple because you know the God you serve will not and can not fail… John is on the island of Patmus after being excommunicated from his homeland; one may not want to endure the trying times that will come in the life of a Christian; however, we are called to walk by faith and as Paul told the church of Philippi Do everything without complaining or arguing.” In reading this passage I come to the conclusion that a lot of us in the body of Christ have not reached the levels within our relationship with Christ that will allow us to live out the true meaning of this very passage… John after being about the work of God is not deterred by any setbacks or hardships as he can declare this verse with boldness and clarity… Today, you must push to go deeper in your relationship with the Lord knowing that the things that bother you or distract you are the indicators that show how far you truly have grown and come… Notice all the praise and honor that John bestows to the Lord in the first portion of today’s focus verses; realize today that he (through all the storms and trials of his life) has peace and comfort within to the point that he asks the question who shall not fear thee… God is in control, you shouldn’t be afraid of the situations that you face, your situations should fear what God is about to do in and through them… You will be exalted, God’s name will be uplifted and revered; so in a nutshell you need to just continue to walk this road offering up praises instead of complaints…  When you look at the things God has done and the ways He has made; how does it make you feel…? I, for one find myself in awe at the beauty in which God works… Knowing that He has created me and everything around me plants seeds of fear (honor, respect and admiration) within me toward the Lord God Almighty… It pains me to see people who question God on a daily basis, people who question His existence based on tragedy or hardships… It is through the storms of life that we are to locate and hold on to the silver lining that is our God… Understand today that John had been exiled and I am sure that because of his work in the kingdom building of the Lord he probably didn’t really expect a day in which he would be isolated by himself; however, even in the worse of times he is able to reflect on the “Great and marvellous” works of God… Today, when you feel like you are between a rock and a hard place examine the marvellous works of our God… When you feel like giving up or throwing in the towel, turn to the workmanship that God has done and is doing in your life knowing that you can draw inspiration and motivation from these things… I serve a God that has done great things and is doing great things… Even when I feel like life isn’t fair, I am comforted in knowing that “…just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints…”

God has a plan, we may not understand it now, we may not understand it tomorrow; however, we can trust it because of the works that He has already done in our lives… His great works are clothing you in His image; they are giving you a sound mind, preparing you for the day and even allowing you to wakeup this morning… God’s great works are giving you a place to lay your head at night, a job to go to in the morning and a means to put food on the table… I don’t know about you, but I have found myself looking at situations and seeing that things didn’t add up in my mind; however, I was able and am able to come out of every situation and claim the victory… This isn’t done by my hands or my works, but by the “Great and marvellous” works of God… It is because He has all power that I fear Him, it is because He can do anything but fail that I trust Him and it is because He will never put more on me than I can bare that I will endure… Knowing and understanding what God has done and is doing puts me in a position to cry out to Him with thanksgiving… I am able to glorify His name, I can magnify the name of the Lord no matter what comes my way, I can sing praises unto the Lord no matter how much rain is in my forecast… I can exalt Him before men because I see His great works, I feel His presences and I know that He has a plan… Jeremiah tells us in His prophetical book that God has a plan to prosper and not harm us, a plan to give us hope and a future… (Jeremiah 29:11) God’s plan will be fulfilled and it isn’t to harm you but to mold you and prepare you for bigger and better things… John says, “…for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest…” Every boy and girl will come to know Jesus…. This doesn’t mean that everyone will accept Him, but the works that are being done are so that everyone will come to know Him… They will see He is sovereign, they will see that He has all power and they will see that He is the only True and Wise God… You can take pride in knowing Him because you know that you haters will become your footstools… You can give Him praise when the enemy attacks because you know he has already been defeated… It has been spoken throughout generation after generation, dating back to the prophet Isaiah and going on through this 21st century. The judgments of the Lord will be manifested unto these people and His children. Those that think that they have the ability to do all and have the power to lust for wealth and greed shall be humbled before Him. God is the creator of us all and has breathed the breath of life into each and every one of us. Many have lost sight of that key point and have begun to ignore the warning signs of His coming wrath; many have ignored what was prophesied centuries ago and is evident now. Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, understanding who you are and who’s you are is of the utmost importance. The questions is when the time has been fulfilled, will your knee bow down in praise or in judgment? For every knee shall bow and every tongue confess; the choice is yours!!!

BE BLESSED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment