Wednesday, January 31, 2024

His Yoke Is Easy

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30

Are you tired of being alive but not living? Do you ever find yourself frustrated by the things of this world and wonder how you are going to make it…? The truth of the matter is the enemy wants you to be so bogged down by the cares of this world that you have no time to really start living (which is to give your life to Christ)… Matthew records the call that Jesus makes to all mankind, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden…” Jesus bids you to come out from the places you currently reside… This beckoning isn't a physical call, but a voice that desires to lead you in and on the path of truth and to give you life and give it to you more abundantly (Jesus declares this as the sole purpose of His arrival to this earth)… We labour daily trying to live up to other people's expectations, we are heavy-laden when we allow the thoughts of others and the temptations we face to weigh us down and strip our attention from the things that truly matter… This isn't to suggest or say that the life of a Christian is easy; however, it is to suggest that there are things that are worth laboring for and being burdened by because they will lead to eternal rewards and joy… 

ALL FOR HIS GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment