Monday, December 4, 2023

His Righteousness Is Everlasting

Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Psalm 119:142 

The righteousness of God is displayed in and through the life that His son lived on this earth… To be righteous means to be upright, honorable, moral, virtuous and to walk in decency; if we really breakdown the meaning of this word then we know that there isn’t any person on this earth that is righteous… I make this point to bring to light the grace and mercy that we all have received from the Lord; the fact that we are alive and can see another day declares the truthfulness of the opening statement in today's focus verse which says Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness...  God has spared you day after day and if it weren't for His perfection, then you and I would be utterly cast down for all eternity... To enter this world as sinners already disqualifies us from obtaining the righteousness that is spoken of throughout the word of God and in this particular verse… Understanding that I am not righteous brings me to a place of complete admiration and love for God… I love Him because of His righteousness; the fact that He was upright toward me when I was down in out, the fact that He was just and honorable when I was unjust and shameful, and the fact that He has paved the way for me to be clothed in His righteousness is alone enough for me to be thankful… However, my praise is taken to another level knowing that “Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness…” God continues to be just towards me, He continues to be honorable despite my flaws and failures, and even though I have fallen short, I take courage in knowing that every day I see upon this earth is another day for me to move forward in my walk with Him… 

ALL FOR HIS GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment