Friday, June 25, 2021

I Will Sing of His Goodness

 I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing. I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes...

Psalm 101:1-3a

What are the words that come from your lips when in dialogue or discussion about the Lord…? What do you utter from your mouth when you experience His favor or when you go through a rough situation…? Often times we are able to offer up praises to the Lord when things go well, but we indeed change our tune and begin to question Him when things don’t go as planned… These verses taken from the one hundred and first psalm echo the dedication that we must have to the Lord… We all know the story of David and the mistakes that he made, in this psalm we see the expression of David’s love… In the midst of trials and tribulations, let us recognize the beauty of God’s discipline and not think He is distant… Let us recognize that even in the mistakes we make in life God can turn a negative into a positive and help us to learn and mature in Christ… David declares to the Lord today that he will sing of His mercy and judgment… As we look throughout our lives we have a lot to praise God for… Often times we harp on the disappointments in life, but neglect the bountiful blessings that have already been bestowed! 


ALL FOR HIS GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment