Friday, November 8, 2019

Put Your Trust In Him

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Psalm 91:1-2

There is no security which we can obtain upon this earth… All the money in the world will not provide the stability that you need which only can be obtained through Christ… There are so many things that we put our trust in, when in reality there is only one thing (God) which we can trust… This devotion is coming at a point in time when the world is filled with chaos and confusion. So many people are running from place to place or seeking material things which they believe to hold their security for the trials of life. I recall how often stores sell out when the weather report is not favorable and the truth of the matter is that the situations which we face in life cannot be prepped for; the only place you should be running to is God instead of your local market or companion… There is a secret place which we can find in Christ; this secret place is the same place Jesus was able to enter before being arrested at the words of Judas; this secret place is the same place Stephen reached before being stoned and it is the same place Paul reached while imprisoned… The secret place provides comfort for the weary heart and strength for the weak hands; this secret place gives direction to the loss soul and hope for the wayward sinner… The unknown author of this passage speaks of the secret place and concludes by saying I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in him will I trust… These words are powerful in that they allude to the fact that the write had to go through some storms and be delivered by the very hand of God to make the concluding state that in him will I trust… 

ALL FOR HIS GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment