Monday, May 26, 2014

My Peace I Give To You

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 14:27

You may not see Him, but there is evidence of His presences in your life… Jesus encourages us today to know that we can find comfort through our sleepless nights and tear-soaked pillow cases… You have been going through a rough patch in your life, you have been challenged and have felt the weight of the world upon your shoulders; however, know that you have a symbol of hope in the remnant of God’s peace… Jesus says,“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you…” It was the peace of knowing that He would have victory that allowed Him to be mocked and whipped… It was the peace of knowing that He would be reunited to the Father that allowed Him to be strung out on the Cross and it was the peace of His coming ascension which allowed Him to descend into the belly of this earth… Christ calls for you to take courage in knowing that you can be at peace today because the war has already been won… He lives His peace to you today so you can know that storms on the horizon have already been passed through by His nail scarred hands and His blood will keep you safe from all harm… Psalms 91 says “A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you if you make the Lord your dwelling place…” 

Today, even as you encounter obstacles and hardships you have the opportunity to be at peace with the trials and tribulations that you will face or are facing… Christ has left you peace as He endured the cross and prepared for His transitioned from earth back to heaven! What does it mean that Christ has left you peace? Peace is calm, quiet, tranquility, and harmony! It is great to have peace in the realm of harmony and quietness; however, Jesus even takes it a step further by saying that He not only left us peace but that He left us His peace… The word of God says “my peace I give unto you…” There is something fundamentally different about the peace we have in Christ… The peace we obtain in the world will have us in the mindset that we are stable; however, the peace we have in Christ allows us to think outside of the box and know that not only will I be okay, but I am going to come out of this storm better than I was before it hit… “My peace” will allow acts of love to destroy snares by the enemy, “my peace” will allow for kind words to be spoken toward a (n) adversary… Christ says He will leave you peace which declares to me today that peace is a spirit… The peace we obtain in Christ is not built on emotions but dictates motives and actions… The peace we find in Christ will allow us to seek forgiveness for those who oppose us, understanding that they really don’t understand what they are doing (the same words Jesus spoke from the Cross)… 

When you have the peace of Christ you can look at people and say that even though you have tried to harm me, you really have given me a opportunity to show forth my faith so that God can demonstrate His faithfulness… I am at peace with what has transpired in my life because I know the one who is head over my life has great things in store for me… The peace Christ refers to today is a spirit that is poured out on those who walk in the light of God… Christ leaves us peace today because He knows all that we will have to go through; He understands the trying times that we will face and the tribulations that we surely will endure! Notice He says that He gives it, not as the world giveth… There are no strings attached to this wonderful blessing that Christ has assured His children! When you receive it, it will not be taken back from you nor will you lose it… When we are given something in the worldly standard we are expected to give something in return; Christ constantly preached about giving from your heart and He is living the words that He spoke for all to hear. You can be at peace with everything you endure if your come to the realization that it will produce something better in your future… This is why, even in the midst of your trying times Jesus says, “Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid…” The battle has already been won, the victory is assured and you just have to walk the path that Jesus has already paved for you… Don’t be troubled today by what you see or what transpires in your life… Jesus said that “He has gone to prepare a place for you…” The best is yet to come, so you can be at peace with where you are today… Go ahead and speak peace over your household knowing your relationship can be restored, speak peace over your children knowing that even though they may be of the world now they will return home… Smile today no matter what you are going through because you know that you will be okay and everything will work out; in other words, be at PEACE…

ALL FOR HIS GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment